Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The 'Shoe Rack'





Yesterday I went to my friend Drew's house to hang out. Drew was carving a mask (he is a bad ass artist with whom I'm collaborating...but that's another post) and feeling a bit frustrated with his progress. I suggested that he take a break and help me with a little project.

My girlfriend and I are getting a new roomate, and we needed a new 'shoe rack' for our entry way. Luckily, all my tools are at Drew's so there was no issue there. But what about the wood? Not a problem. A few months ago, Drew and I 'borrowed' some landfill-destined pallets from various buisnesses around Anchorage. We figured we might be able to recycle the wood to build furniture. My shoe rack was a perfect opportunity to put the pallets to use.

The clouds lifted and the sun came out as we belt sanded the wood down, and drilled the pieces together. 2 hours later, we sat by the fire and enjoyed our completed project: The Recycled Pallet Shoe Rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment